Who is VolunteerLocal? VolunteerLocal is an online service used by volunteer coordinators to capture volunteer information to improve scheduling, communication and tracking, typically for some type of one-time event.
Who is the audience for this Policy? 1. Individuals using the Application to sign up for volunteer opportunities ("Volunteers").
2. Individuals using the Website and Application to manage Volunteers ("Users").
Information Collection: Volunteers
How we collect information from Volunteers Information about Volunteers can be collected in the following ways:
1. Directly from a Volunteer: via an online form that accepts information about a Volunteer
2. Indirectly on behalf of a Volunteer: via an online form that accepts information about a Volunteer, submitted by someone other than the Volunteer, on behalf of the Volunteer
3. Indirectly from a User: the Application allows a User to submit Volunteer information via a form and/or via an import process. It is important to note that in this case, the User already has possession of the Volunteer information (it is not supplied by us, directly or indirectly).
Information collected from Volunteers is submitted via SSL (HTTPS).
What information we collect from Volunteers The information collected about a Volunteer is determined by a User and may include personally identifiable information. Some common information Users will collect (provided as an example):
- First name
- Last name
- Mobile phone number
- T-shirt size
Because the User has control in the Application to create a custom online form to collect information, we cannot determine exactly what information a User will request.
Each Volunteer will need to decide for herself/himself if the User is requesting information the Volunteer does not want to submit.
Some Users may take credit card payments from Volunteers in the form of a registration fee or deposit hold. Credit card information is submitted to a 3rd party for processing.
A Volunteer's credit card information is not stored with us. We receive, and store, an identifier from the 3rd party payment process to manage refunds and similar payment support issues.
Information Collection: Users
How we collect information from Users Information about Users, including prospective Users, can be collected by the Website and/or Application. Information is collected by the User submitting the information via an online form.
Information collected from Users is submitted via SSL (HTTPS).
What information we collect from Users
The following information is collected in order for the Application to function:
Organization information: name, address, primary contact, billing & payment information (if using a plan that requires payment)
Event information: name, address, misc event details, uploaded documentation, types of tasks to be performed, shift schedules, volunteer demographics to collect and other misc information
For full exposure to the information collected, please contact us for a demonstration of the Application.
Information Ownership & Sharing: Volunteers
What Volunteer information do we share? We do not share with, sell to or otherwise distribute identifiable Volunteer information. We may work with, view or manipulate identifiable Volunteer information as
it relates to a support request from a User.
When a Volunteer submits information to a User (via an Application), the User can access the information in several formats, including formats that can be easily distributed.
A Volunteer will need to decide for herself/himself what information to submit, knowing their information may be distributed to other systems by the User.
What Volunteer information do we own? We do not claim ownership to individual Volunteer information, but will produce reports that include aggregated Volunteer information. Any such reports produced by us, are owned solely by VolunteerLocal, LLC.
Information Ownership & Sharing: Users
What User information do we share? User information is distributed to 3rd party systems to assist us in servicing a User. Examples include CRM systems, support systems and marketing systems that are not built nor maintained by us.
User information may also be shared with 3rd party partners (to offer relevant services), but only after acquiring permission from the User to do so.
What User information do we own? We use the information collected from a User to operate our Application, but make no ownership claim of such information.
Volunteers and Users share these common rights:
1. Delete information: in most cases, a User or Volunteer can delete their own, respective, information. However, a User or Volunteer may request that we delete all or some of your data on your behalf.
2. Change information: a User or Volunteer can edit information within our Application. We will change User or Volunteer information only upon request.
3. Access/export information: in most cases, a User or Volunteer can access and export their own, respective, information. However, a User or Volunteer may request a copy of the data we have stored in our systems.
We make efforts to maintain practices that are compliant with the following laws/acts:
GDPR & E.U. Privacy Directive (EU)
Privacy Act (Australia)