(HAPPY) COMMUNITY BUILDER
VolunteerLocal is looking for a part-time Community Builder to take on immediate customer service, community management and social media responsibilities. Applicants must be highly motivated, well organized, and eager to assist our clients as they learn and implement the system. This position involves one-to-one interactions with customers via phone and email. Additionally, our Happy Community Builder will be charged with managing and engaging our brand spankin’ new VolunteerLocal forum (online), posting tutorial videos to YouTube, writing customer spotlight and feature-centric blog posts, and responding to our followers through social media.
Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, writing ability, and professionalism when dealing with event coordinators. Willingness to travel for conferences and other opportunities is a plus. This role has the potential to become a full-time position in May 2016.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm (flexible)
Location: This position will be based out of Des Moines, Iowa for 3-5 months. After that, it can be done remotely.
● Implement and enhance key processes related to customer support, training and documentation at VolunteerLocal.
● Answer client questions via phone, email, through social media and in the forum.
● Schedule, facilitate and lead group training sessions with our paying clients utilizing the software tools provided by VolunteerLocal (Speek, Join.Me, etc.).
● Proactively address customer needs by scripting and filming tutorial and “Getting Started” videos, to be published on YouTube, in the forum and on our website.
● Write and publish customer-centric blogposts on www.volunteerlocal.com.
● Review and enhance the VolunteerLocal FAQs, in addition to other documentation and training materials. Discover innovative ways to touch clients with digital support materials.
● Perform training of customer support processes for internal audiences/new hires.
● Assist with a variety of activities relating to the daily operations of customer support and community building to begin to understand how the business as a whole operates and to help identify the current and future needs of the business.
● Act as a liaison between customer support and other departments (development, marketing and sales) within the company to facilitate an open dialogue around business needs and expectations.
● Help to maintain and administer operations systems and the processes and procedures around systems as used by the customer support department (community forum, phone calls, tutorial videos, emails, FAQs, etc.)
● Identify trends in customer support requests to help our development team focus on performance drivers and enhancements to the system.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Strong relationship building and communication skills
● Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly growing start-up
● 2+ years’ experience in Customer Support, SaaS experience strongly preferred
● Excellent written, verbal, presentation and time management skills
● Experience with customer support and/or forum related software and tools.
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Positive, team-centric-attitude
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 4th.